Thursday 24 May 2018

The introverted disguised as an extrovert

Why do days about others always have to become about myself?

The celebration of others should be one that I can immerse myself in through happiness and involvement. Instead I withdraw myself due to the fear of being outcast - I feel sorry for myself when  there is no need to be.

Today was a friends birthday celebration and although I wanted to stay the overwhelming thought of negativity regarding the actions of others prepelled a disturbing sense of embarrassment into me. A coward among friends and a recluse within a party.

What’s more troubling is the egotistical sense of feeling special when mental health is a major issue, one that I underestimate time and time again. I know of only one way to break the cycle but it would destroy far more it followed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment